Tuesday 30 December 2014

Inexpensive Ways to Brand and Display Jewelry


Displaying Jewelry for Sale 



Whether you are selling jewelry online or in person, its a great idea to think of yourself as a brand. The way you package your jewelry and display it is incredibly important to making sales. If you don't put effort into presently your jewelry professionally, people may assume that you also don't put effort into making your jewelry!






If you at not nifty with a computer (I'm certainly not!) there are a number of sites that will help you develop a logo.

I have found however that one of the most inexpensive and versatile tools in branding my jewelry has been a custom order stamp that I ordered online.  I use the same stamp on my display cards as I do with my packaging.

You can make your own inexpensive display cards using cardboard paper.  I like to create stand up cards by bending the paper in half.  This works particularly well for selling jewelry at craft fairs.  You can add some height to your jewelry display by laying some cards flat and some standing upright. Using cards that allow the jewelry to stand up adds some movement to the piece and helps people to see what it would look like when worn.



Making your own display cards also means that you can make cards to fit the shape of a particular design.  If you have a particularly large piece of jewelry, you can make sure it is displayed properly. 

To make earring cards, I bend a rectangular piece of card in half and use a pin to make small holes to fit the earring hooks through. To make a necklace display, I use a rectangular piece of card and make a couple of slits in the top which hold the necklace chain in place. 


When it comes to packing your jewelry, I like to use the stamp to create matching packaging.  Even something as simple as a brown paper bag works well!



No comments:

Post a Comment